FULL/ Thanks, see you next year!
Great news! The next Twist Spring Retreat is set for March 10-12, 2017!
It’s time to get out of our hibernating mode and rediscover our spring effervescence. The concept of this retreat is to share, discover and perfect our techniques related to ALL textile fibre in a festive and friendly atmosphere, all in a warm environment offered by the Centre La Petite Rouge Vacation Centre. In addition, this retreat will be part of our fundraising for the Festival to be held from August 17th to 20th 2017.
When: Friday, March 10 to Sunday, March 12, 2017
Time: From 2pm on Friday and until 4pm on Sunday
Where: Centre touristique La Petite-Rouge
61, Rang des Pruniers, Route 323
Tél.: (819) 426-2191
$ 17.50 GST (5%) 835185109 RT0001
$ 34.91 QST (9.975%) 1218449502TQ0001
***Payable by cheque: Festival de la fibre Twist or via PAYPAL at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What it includes:
ALL INCLUSIVE FORMULA
– Accommodation in a cottage, double occupancy: two (2) single beds per room
– Six (6) meals
– Free WIFI in the centre
– 2 workshops (3 hours) and 2 mini-worshops of 60 minutes
– The practice material for workshops and mini-workshops (you may be required to bring some material, if so, we will let you know as soon as we confirm your class schedule)
– A lot of fun !
* Note that if you do not wish to participate in a workshop or mini-workshops , you can enjoy the facilities of the centre.
A variety of creative workshops related to the fibre arts will be offered throughout the weekend. The retreat is designed to get you to maximize on all of the different techniques. A custom schedule will be created for each participant to allow you to enjoy the workshops according to your choice of the techniques selected. You will receive your tailored schedule a few weeks before the retreat, according to your preferences indicated in the registration form below (first come, first serve)!
Here are the different workshops (3 hours) that will be held during the retreat:
– Knitting(intermediate): portuguese technique with Clara Beauty
– Knitting(for all): Design your own cowl or scarf with Clara Beauty
– Knitting(advanced): Estonian lace- history and specificities- explanation of the nupps and their variation ( in french only), Céline Barbeau
– Knitting(intermediate): Hat Variations- add pompoms, ear, liner, double knit or turn it into a -béret- (in french only) with Céline Barbeau
– Weaving: Creative Freestyle Weaving on a rigid heddle loom with Marie-France Gosselin
– Weaving: Tapestry style weaving with Marie-France-Gosselin
– Needle Fetling: Felt a sheep with Mélissa Bellemare
– Dyeing of a skein of yarn with Julie Asselin
– Crochet a convertible toque (Beginner) with Julie Desjardins, ACCROchet
– Tunisian Crochet (Advanced) with Julie Desjardins, ACCROchet
– Recycled Fur: Reclycling of a fur coat with Mélodie Coutou
– Exploration spinning of uncarded wool (intermediate) with Diane Gonthier
– Spinning for beginners with Diane Gonthier
– Felting: Fabrication of a felted coil basket with Diane Gonthier
– Initiation to finger weaving (arrow sash) with Maud Morin
Mini-workshops (60 minutes) Friday PM :
– Fabrication of fur pompoms with Mélodie Coutou
– How to choose and buy a spinning wheel with Diane Gonthier
– Let’s talk about socks! tips and tricks when knitting socks with Maud Morin
– Needle felt a heart with Mélissa Bellemare
– Demonstration on how to warp a rigid heddle loom with Marie-France Gosselin
– Spinning Wheel Doctor, Maud Morin
– Initiation to crochet, Julie Desjardins, ACCROchet
– Mini Fibre Market, Reserved to our teachers
– Gift exchange (value of 25$, handmade or a destash item to bring)
– and more!
The payment of 402.41$ can be made by check payable to “TWIST FIBRE FESTIVAL”. Once you have registered, there is a delay of ten (10) working days to receive the payment. An official receipt will then be emailed to you. Please note that no spots will be reserved before the reception of the payment, as spaces are limited. Payment is non-refundable, unless the activity is cancelled by the festival.
Twist Fibre Festival
133 Rue Principale
Questions? Write us email@example.com, or call (819) 981-0023. For questions relating to accommodation, meals and activities related to the Centre la Petite Rouge, please contact the centre directly.
First come, first serve basis according to available spaces, hurry!
A huge THANK YOU to our teachers!
Mélodie Coutou, La ressourcière