Twist Fall Retreat 2017
October 27th-29th 2017 at Domaine Saint-Bernard in Mont-Tremblant, QC
539, chemin Saint-Bernard
Mont-Tremblant (Québec) J8E 1T4
Arrival: Friday, October 27th from 2 PM
Departure: Sunday, October 29th at 3 PM
Cost: from $410+tx to 510+tx per person (depending on the type of bed and room selected)
The weekend includes:
6 meals from sEb, l’artisan culinaire
2 nights in a single, double or triple occupancy,
1 Twist surprise bag
3 of these mini-workshops ( 90-120 minutes ):
- Knitting 2 socks at a same time with Guy Charbonneau
- Knitting socks : making the heel with Guy Charbonneau
- Introduction to FairIsle technique with Nicole Dupuis
- Photo shoot in nature with Nicole Dupuis
- Free weaving with Marie-Anne Adam
- Fur pompom making with Mélodie Coutou
- Fiber preparation with Amelie Blanchard
A friendly TALK about Shetland Island : traditions and specificities with Nicole Dupuis (The Gentle Knitter Podcast)
and access to the Domaine Saint-Bernard.
Download your schedule here. (coming soon)
Download your menu here
Download the floor plan here
Amélie Blanchard, General Director of Twist Festival, spinner and cashmere goat producer.
Marie-Anne Adam, Art Director of Twist Festival and textile designer
Our special guests:
Nicole Dupuis, The Gentle Knitter
Host a blog about knitting and sewing, knits samples for the likes of Brooklyn Tweed and Knitbot, and is the designer and maker behind CocoKnits blog. Somehow she also runs marathons and works as an exhibition content developer for a natural history museum.
Guy Charbonneau, le gars qui tricote
For him, knitting is a great way to reduce stress, whether you’re a guy or a girl! In addition to knitting, Guy spins his own yarn and also enjoys weaving.
Mélodie Coutou, La ressourcière
Ecological artist, she uses plenty of recycled material to create contemporary art pieces.
You must bring:
- your bedding and bath towel
- personal effects
- 1 placemat (for the dining room to identify your place)
- extra work light (if you need good lighting for your projects)
- your current projects and equipment
- your own beverages ( beer, wine…) and extra snacks
- wool, objects, furnitures, or equipment you want to sale or exchange during the mini-market.
At the moment we receive the filled form, we will send you an invoice with your room #, your total amount to pay ( payable by credit card) and more details on your week-end. Thank you! See you at the retreat!
Have questions? Please write us email@example.com or give us a call (819) 981-0023.
You can also visit the Twist Fall Retreat event on Facebook.